As B2B marketers have worked to intercept purchasers in early stages of consideration and create a consistent experience for the buyer, Account Based Marketing (ABM) has emerged as perhaps the most promising tactic. But while results have been promising, marketers have struggled to scale their ABM beyond dozens of accounts.
Scalable ABM must start with a solid data foundation that links data together across different systems. These challenges cannot be overcome with yesterday’s marketing systems. A Customer Data Platform connects existing systems to create a unified customer view that makes ABM possible. In a world that never stops changing, the power and flexibility of a CDP will help marketers deliver on the promise of ABM.
This whitepaper describes the challenges marketers face in executing ABM initiatives and the obstacles they face when attempting to scale. This includes:
- Growing from hundreds to thousands (and even millions) of accounts
- Extending ABM tactics beyond display ads and email to a truly omni-channel experience that ends in a sales call
- Using interaction data across all touchpoints to tailor the customer journey
This whitepaper looks at how marketers are trying to solve the problem today, and how a Customer Data Platform can help to remove scaling bottlenecks.
Why Account Based Marketing Needs a CDP
- Obstacles to Scaling ABM
- How Customer Data Platforms Support ABM
- What Makes a B2B CDP Unique
- Drowning in the Data Lake
- What to Look for in a B2B CDP