Dun & Bradstreet's worldwide database currently covers over 330 million business locations, which means that your entity may already have a D-U-N-S Number assigned to it.
For U.S. Locations
To determine whether your facility has a D-U-N-S Number already or you need to obtain one, please use the D&B D‑U‑N‑S Manager service. D‑U‑N‑S Manager is Dun & Bradstreet's Internet-based service that allows business principals to view, print, and request updates for their company information.D‑U‑N‑S Manager also has a search function that allows you to search for and obtain the D-U-N-S Numbers of your business location(s).
- Access D‑U‑N‑S Manager here.
- If you are already registered in D‑U‑N‑S Manager, login and you can access your location's or locations' profile(s). Your D-U-N-S Number will appear as part of the profile(s) on your establishment(s) and you can disregard the remaining steps in this guide. If you are not registered in D‑U‑N‑S Manager, please select "Get a D-U-N-S Number" in the bottom left corner of the page.
- Answer "No" when asked: "Are you currently attempting to do business with or receive funds from a U.S. Government Agency?" If you are a government contractor registered in SAM (formerly known as CCR), answer "Yes." You will be redirected to the application for businesses seeking to enter into contracts with the Federal Government to provide goods and services.
- The search function on the left-hand side of the page will allow you to search for your business location using its name, city, and state. A list of search results will appear on the right-hand side of the page.
If your location is already in Dun & Bradstreet's database, it will appear here. Select your establishment from the list and follow the on-screen instructions to register in D‑U‑N‑S Manager. You will be asked a series of questions to confirm your own identity and your connection to the company whose records you are accessing. Please note that Dun & Bradstreet does not own, collect, or store your personal data; Dun & Bradstreet uses commercially available individual identity matching technology to ensure that your identity is not being used fraudulently. Once you are registered in D‑U‑N‑S Manager, you will be allowed to view your location's D-U-N-S® Number and access and update your business's information.
If your business did not appear in the list of search results, first check the information you entered into the search. If this information is correct and your business still does not appear in the results field, your establishment is missing from Dun & Bradstreet's database. Click on the "Get a D-U-N-S Number" arrow in the bottom left-hand corner of the page and follow the on-screen instructions. You will need the following information to obtain a D-U-N-S Number:
Your Contact Information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Title at this Business
- Business Email Address
- Business Telephone Number
Your Identity Validation Details
- Physical Home Address
- Home City
- Home State
- Home Country
- Home Telephone Number
- Home Zip
- Name of Business (Full Legal Name)
- Business Address (Including Suite or Floor #)
- City, State, Zip Code
- Local Phone Number
- Legal Structure of the Business (Corporation, Partnership, etc.)
- Year Business Started
- Executive Principal (First and Last Name, Title, Email Address)
- Antecedents (Name, Year of Birth)
- Select SIC/NAICS Code(s) (e.g. Drug Manufacturer)
- Total Number of Employees (Including Principals, and Part-time)
You will receive a confirmation e-mail from Dun & Bradstreet with any additional information required to obtain your entity's D-U-N-S Number and may be contacted by Dun & Bradstreet to verify your information. There is no charge for this service.
If you experience problems with the D‑U‑N‑S Manager service, please call 1-800-234-3867. When prompted, ask about "getting a D-U-N-S Number."
For Non-U.S. Locations
Entities outside the United States should go to their individual country Dun & Bradstreet websites to find information on obtaining a D-U-N-S Number in that specific country. From www.dnb.com, select the country or region where your entity is based from the list in the top right-hand corner and find the information on getting a D-U-N-S Number specifically tailored to your country or region. Return time and cost for each request vary by country.
Below are the links to a number of countries' and regions' D-U-N-S Number Request pages: