2019, A Year of Change and New Benefits for Customers
2019 was a year of unprecedented growth. We focused on making Dun & Bradstreet stronger and more successful for one very important reason: to help our clients grow stronger and more successful.
Early in the year, we announced we had become a privately held company. This exciting development enabled us to evolve our strong heritage in several areas that are beneficial to our sales and marketing clients. We've been able to:
- be even more customer-focused
- increase analytics capabilities for our customers, including the acquisition of Lattice Engines, a market-leading AI-driven customer data platform (CDP)
- accelerate additional assets to the Dun & Bradstreet Data Cloud, including millions of additional contacts as well as digital identifiers broaden our solutions to meet the new challenges today's sales and marketing professionals face
It's clear that B2B marketing continues to evolve at a rapid pace, becoming more sophisticated, and ever more important for companies to meet their overall business objectives. Complete, current, ethically-sourced, and actionable data is the lifeblood of revenue growth.
Of course, we're proud to provide our clients with the industry's most comprehensive, timely commercial data through the Dun & Bradstreet Data Cloud. But, the key to sales and marketing success goes beyond email and phone lists; B2B sales and marketing has moved past the days of outbound email and cold-calling. Today's most successful organizations are taking advantage of more sophisticated strategies, like Account Based Marketing (ABM) and omnichannel marketing with a heavy emphasis on digital. These strategies require advanced analytics and enhanced data sets, such as intent data, digital identifiers, and more. That's where the industry is headed — and Dun & Bradstreet is already there.
We're here to help you get there as well.
Big Changes at Dun & Bradstreet, but Customers Come First
2019 was a particularly busy year for Dun & Bradstreet that included partnerships with organizations like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Reonomy and strategic acquisitions, like Lattice Engines, the world's first B2B CDP that uses AI to enable companies to engage their buyers with true 1-to-1 omnichannel experiences.
As always, our main focus — and the goal behind all our activities — was helping our sales and marketing solutions customers succeed. Here are just a handful of examples:
- We enabled Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), the global edge-to-cloud Platform-as-a-Service company, to successfully realize its customer-centric, holistic strategy for programmatic ABM, ensuring sales and marketing alignment along the way.
- We helped Credly, an innovator in the digital credentials space, reduce subjectivity of their data input and improve their ideal customer profile. The result: improved prospect identification, confidence, and salesforce efficiency.
- We enabled cybersecurity leader Malwarebytes to leverage AI to implement an omnichannel approach that has decreased time spent on low quality leads and increased both pipeline and decision-maker meetings.
- We helped Brainshark maximize ROI and data quality, starting with our free Data Quality ROI Calculator.
In addition to working closely with every one of our tens of thousands of sales and marketing clients, we continued our collaboration with Adweek, benchmarking B2B data-driven digital marketing. We were an instrumental participant in some of the industry's most important events and honored with awards like AppExchange Demo Jam for our Optimizer for Salesforce solution and the MarTech Breakthrough Award for Best Overall SalesTech Solution.
Most importantly, we've aligned our offerings and organization to better serve the needs of our sales and marketing customers in the months and years to come.
Our efforts and accomplishments throughout 2019 support our vision to create a global network of trust, enabling clients to turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity, and potential into prosperity.
And our momentum continues, barely two weeks into 2020, we announced the acquisition of Orb Intelligence, a prominent digital business identity and firmographic data provider. This acquisition further supports our commitment to provide our clients with market-leading industry data, analytical applications, and technology. We'll be integrating Orb Intelligence data into our Dun & Bradstreet Data Cloud, enriching our already comprehensive data even more. The new year will bring more solutions to help our customers achieve even stronger ROI on data. Advancements in intent data and our integration of Lattice AI capabilities with the D&B Hoovers platform are just two developments you'll be hearing more about soon.
Review some of the past year's highlights — and the bold advancements we made on behalf of our sales and marketing customers – in our infographic below.