In my last post, No Company Can Go It Alone, I wrote about tips for building successful business partnerships. What I didn’t talk about is what that has to do with my employer, Dun and Bradstreet. So I thought I’d take a moment to connect the dots, and describe what your company can get out of a strategic alliance with D&B.
I boiled it down to 5 ways D&B can help you expand your capabilities and grow your business. I’d love to hear your comments or reactions to these.
1. You need data.
We’ve got data and plenty of it. With more than 225 million records on businesses from around the world, we have more data and insight about businesses than any other information company on the planet. Our Global Database is the largest single source of local and global business information and actionable insight.
2. You need data that is accurate, relevant and intelligently interconnected.
- We own the D-U-N-S Number. Created in 1962, the Data Universal Numbering System is D&B’s copyrighted, proprietary means of identifying business entities on a location-specific basis. Assigned and maintained solely by D&B, this unique nine-digit identification number has been assigned to over 225 million businesses worldwide.
- We own the DUNSRight process, a comprehensive and rigorous patented process that transforms business information — yours and ours — into decision-ready insight.
- The uniqueness of our D-U-N-S Number and DUNSRight process enables us to provide you a corporation’s linkage, so you can see the complete and accurate picture of a business’ family tree.
3. You need data delivered in your environment where and when you need it.
- a selection of Sales Solutions
- a selection of Marketing Solutions
- a selection of Risk and Finance Solutions
- a selection of Operations and Supply Solutions
- a selection of D&B Data Exchange
4. You need more than just raw data. You need insight.
- D&B has the experience and expertise to show you how to turn big data into big Insight.
- D&B has the tools that will allow you to leverage big data analytics for a competitive edge.
5. You need an alliance or partner you can trust.
For the sixth consecutive year, D&B has been named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute, a leading international business ethics think-tank. As a company with a focus on being ‘outside-in,’D&B hopes this recognition shows our partners and customers that we stand out as good corporate citizens and are committed to the highest integrity. For a business to be selected as one of the world’s most ethical companies, it must go above and beyond – promoting ethical business standards internally, exceeding minimum standards for legal compliance, and shaping future industry standards to introduce new best practices.
As Peter Simoons tells us, strategic alliance or partnership must be mutually beneficial to be successful. If you see the benefit for your organization, please contact us. Let’s start the conversation about how a partnership could work for us — and our customers.