Data Disclosure Request for Private Persons
Dun & Bradstreet Switzerland is committed to privacy. As one of the world's leading providers of digital business information, we provide our customers with high-quality risk information for credit decisions. Bisnode aims to maintain data it stores, through a process of regular reviews, updates and corrections as efficiently as possible.
We store creditworthiness data on companies and private persons based on our authorisation to store data in accordance with the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP) and the Swiss Debt Collection and Bankruptcy Act (SDCBA). The data processed and stored by us are not publicly accessible and are transmitted to our customers for the purpose of processing legal transactions. We ensure that company and personal data can only be transmitted, if the applicant confirms a "legitimate interest". We do not transfer this data to third parties.
We would be pleased to provide you with information about the data we currently have stored about you. For data protection reasons, it is mandatory to provide a copy of your identity document (i.e. passport or identity card).
The information you have requested will be sent within 30 days of receipt of your request.
We require the following information to process your request:
- Full first & last name (+ where applicable former names/maiden name for faster assignment)
- Date of birth
- Current address (+ where applicable previous addresses for faster matching)
- Copy of your identity document (i.e. passport or identity card)
- Any current debt enforcement information (optional)
- online form (see below) or
- e-mail to email@example.com or
- mail/post to Dun & Bradstreet Schweiz AG., attn. Customer Service Department, P.O. Box, Grossmattstrasse 9, 8902 Urdorf.
- telephone: not possible
If you have any questions, please contact us on +41 44 735 64 64.
We will gladly answer your general questions. Please note that for data protection reasons we are not allowed to give detailed information about the data content by telephone.
Important: It is not possible to pick up information/data on companies and private persons from Dun & Bradstreet’s premises.