Definition of the D&B D-U-N-S Number
The D-U-N-S Number is a unique nine-digit identifier for businesses. It is used to establish a Dun & Bradstreet business credit file, which is often referenced by lenders and potential business partners to help predict the reliability and/or financial stability of the company in question.
What Will I Need to Provide to Get a D-U-N-S Number for My Business?
To register for a D-U-N-S Number, you’ll need the following information:
- Legal name
- Headquarters name and address for your business
- Doing Business As (DBA) or other name by which your business is commonly recognized
- Physical address, city, province and postal code
- Mailing address (if separate from headquarters and/or physical address)
- Telephone number
- Contact name and title
- Number of employees at your physical location
How Can I Register for My D-U-N-S Number?
You can get a free D-U-N-S Number in up to 30 days or get your D-U-N-S Number expedited in 10 business days or less for a fee.