Our ability to turn an enormous stream of data into high quality business information is what sets us apart from our competitors.
We define data quality by asking ourselves four questions:
- Is the data accurate?
- Is the data complete?
- Is the data timely?
- Is the data globally consistent?
To answer these questions, we use a process we call DUNSRight™ to collect, aggregate, edit, and verify data from thousands of sources daily so that our customers have timely and accurate information on which to make profitable decisions for their businesses.
The foundation of DUNSRight™ is Quality Assurance which includes over 2,000 separate automated checks, plus many manual ones, to ensure that data in the Dun & Bradstreet Data Cloud meets our high quality standards. In addition, five quality drivers work sequentially to collect and enhance data. Once the DUNSRight process is complete, any given entity has a Live Business Identity which is kept current through our continual monitoring of business activity.
The process to create our Live Business Identity works like this:
- Global Data Collection brings together data from a variety of sources worldwide.
- We apply the D-U-N-S® Number business identifier to new entities as a unique means of identifying and tracking a business globally through every step in the life and activity of the business.
- We integrate the data into our Data Cloud through our patented Entity Matching, which produces a single, more accurate picture of each business.
- We use Corporate Linkage to identify connections between entities, which enables our customers to view their total risk or opportunity across related businesses.
- Finally, our predictive and prescriptive indicators use statistical analysis to rate a business' past performance and to indicate how likely the business is to perform that same way in the future.
The output of this extensive process? High quality business information, available through powerful Dun & Bradstreet solutions or directly from the Dun & Bradstreet Data Cloud to embed in your own applications.