At Dun & Bradstreet we are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality data available.
We define data quality by asking ourselves four questions:
- Is the data accurate?
- Is the data complete?
- Is the date timely?
- Is the data globally consistent?
To answer these questions, we take our data through a process we call DUNSRight™, in which we collect, aggregate, edit, and verify data from thousands of sources daily so that our customers can use the information to make profitable decisions for their businesses. Our ability to turn an enormous stream of data into high quality business information is what sets us apart from our competitors.
The foundation of DUNSRight™ is Quality Assurance which includes over 2,000 separate automated checks, plus many manual ones, to ensure the data meets our high quality standards. In addition, five quality drivers work sequentially to collect and enhance the data.
The process works like this:
- Global Data Collection brings together data from a variety of sources worldwide.
- We integrate the data into our database through our patented Entity Matching, which produces a single, more accurate picture of each business.
- We apply the D-U-N-S® Number as a unique means of identifying and tracking a business globally through every step in the life and activity of the business.
- We use Corporate Linkage to enable our customers to view their total risk or opportunity across related businesses.
- Finally, our Predictive Indicators use statistical analysis to rate a business’ past performance and to indicate how likely the business is to perform that same way in the future.
The output of this extensive process? High quality business information, available through powerful Dun & Bradstreet solutions or to embed in your own applications, so you get just what you need, all in one place.